Monday, January 16, 2006

Big Week

The loss to Mississippi stings (I really do hate that school). And the apparent dissension on the basketball team is just more shit heaped on the pile. But for the record, that's the best Mississippi basketball team in years, probably middle of the pack in the SEC West, which is a step in the right direction for Barnes.

As for this upcoming week, saying it's BIG seems to be a bit of an understatement.

The basketball team plays LSU and Vanderbilt this week. After watching the game Saturday, one has to believe that the next two are likely losses. And while I hope they win, I'll see neither game. And Croom's most important recruiting weekend is just five days away, but I won't be following that story at all either.

I'm taking the week off. I'm heading to Breckenridge, where I'll try not to crash as hard as the basketball team is probably going to this week.

So, in the spirit of corporate America, where in order to take a vacation you must complete a week's worth of work ahead of time, I'm wrapping up the headlines early this week.

Dissension Fills Bulldog Locker Room - The CL headline on Wednesday morning. Ian will wax poetic on more dissension in the locker room. He'll follow up on Dietric's ridiculous quote after the Mississippi game and the "team meeting" that made it to the public before the UM game.

Dogs Drop Third Straight - That will be the Sun Herald headline on Thursday morning after LSU comes to Starkville and proves for the third straight game that if you don't play defense, you lose. Slater will likely say something else stupid, unless Stansbury takes away his mic.

Bulldogs Reeling After Fourth Straight Loss - That headline is saved for the Sunday CL after Vandy takes it to the Pups up in Nashville. This time Rhodes gets into the media act after his fifth straight solid game, and says the team needs to come together if they are going to win this year.

Dixon Commits to Croom - Also a Sunday headline, this gives the masses something to cheer about between bitch sessions about the basketball team. There is great euphoria as the rumors spread through secret reports that Thomas and Hayes both had a great weekend and that Croom still has a shot at Holland. The Bulldog nation waits impatiently for more verbals to come.

I'm planning to return from my vacation next Monday morning to a meltdown - Mississippi State Style. Gene will be banning people left and right and the Pack will be screaming, "I told you $@#&* this would happen! We'll be lucky to win another game all year!!"

Now, don't get me wrong. I hope I come back and have two wins to watch on my DVR. And I hope every recruit in town this weekend commits to Croom.

But being realistic, it doesn't look like I'll miss much to cheer about this week.

So, I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home