Tuesday, January 10, 2006

MSU now an option for in-state stars?!?!

What the hell does this mean? Are you telling me that previously, before January 10, 2006, MSU wasn't an option for in-state stars? Pegues wasn't an in-state star? Omarr Conner, Jerious Norwood, Dontae Walker, ahem...he was a HS star before he became the...uh...nevermind, sorry I lost focus. All of the players listed above were bigger "in-state stars" than Mr. Summers.

The Daily Journal's headline writer tells us today that because Anthony Summers verbally committed to play football at State that "MSU is now an option for in-state stars."

Thanks for the enlightenment.

If I was Greg Ellis I would be pissed. Ellis wrote a perfectly fine article about Summers' commitment. And then that article was tainted by a completely inane headline.

Mr. Headline Writer at the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal, you get the idiot of the day award. Congratulations.

(As an aside, I really shouldn't get so fired up about something so trivial, but damn it, as a person who gets paid to work with the media everyday (and don't worry, I'm not talking about this poor excuse for a blog), this has got to be one of my biggest issues with the media. My final message: Don't let morons write for your publication!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home