Thursday, December 01, 2005

Norwood Hoists Second Trophy this Week

The Conerly Trophy is awarded to the best college football player in Mississippi by a vote of 60 media members across the state. Norwood beat out fellow finalists Scott Eyster of Delta State and Patrick Willis of Ole Miss.

Norwood, who joined JJ Johnson as the only State players to receive the award, ran for 1,136 yards, set a school single-game record with 257 rushing yards against Houston, went for 204 yards and four touchdowns in his final college game, and finished his career as State's all time leading rusher with 3,222 rushing yards.

"I followed my heart, like my grandmother told me," Norwood said. "It's been good for me at State. We didn't win as much as I'd have liked, but I had some individual success, and it was great to be a part of the Mississippi State family."

Norwood was also named the SEC Offensive Player of the Week for his 204 yard, four touchdown, performance against Mississippi.


The picture above of Norwood holding the Conerly Trophy is courtesy of Rick Guy of The Clarion-Ledger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home