Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Egg Bowl

So coach, which State team shows up on Saturday?
The one that played Alabama?

The one that played Arkansas?

The one that played LSU?

The one that played....

Croom is saying all of the right things this week. Biggest game of the year, blah, blah, blah. I guess we'll see on Saturday.

In another example of the shape of the football program when Croom took over, Bryson Davis is featured in today's Clarion Ledger. Among other things, Bryson admits to not knowing the plays, not working hard, being apathetic and not studying film, prior to this year. Just one more example of what Croom has had to overcome. Watching this mess the past five years, you have to think Bryson's behavior was the rule, not the exception.

I'll be there Saturday. I'll support the team. But my heart just isn't in it. I'm sure that will change by kick-off. I'll sure by then that I'll muster up all of that hate for everything UM. I'm sure by then I'll have forgotten the blowouts and all the losing. I just hope, that by the time 5:00 rolls around, I'm enjoying a whisky with my friends and toasting to the first SEC victory of the year.

Last prediction of 2005: UM 3 - State 6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home