Friday, November 03, 2006

It's Been a Month

Since we've won...since I've posted...since the defense has shown up to play a football game....

Anyone have a copy of that 1996 editorial in the Reflector that was printed before the Alabama game? It was something along the lines of, "just one time, rise up, play like champions, please....."

It was classic and made me laugh on Friday.

On Saturday night, it made me think the guy should be writing editorials like that every week.

I still have the bolt from the South endzone goal posts. I was even on TV briefly that night, sitting behind some yahoo friends that decided it would be fun to get liqoured up and write ESPN across their chests. That's how bad we were, my buddies were essentially cheering for a television network.

But then something crazy happened. We won. Some old-timer handed me a bottle of champagne as I was walking back to my dorm at like 2 a.m., said he'd been bringing that same bottle to every Alabama game since '81 - for 15 years he'd waited to pop the cork. Those old bastards were still throwing down as I left to crash for the night.

I remember some dude who had to be in his fifties, just standing on the 50 yard line crying. The dude was crying. It was great.

Had a buddy make off with a player's helmet in the chaos that ensued as well. Great freakin' times.

While a win tomorrow would not be that fun, it could be that important.

So, in the spirit of the crazy student who had the vision to dream of a Bama upset on ESPN, in primetime, on November 16, 1996, I say, please, please, please, let it happen again.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It happened.

The last play before halftime was the play of the year, IMHO.

9:32 AM, November 05, 2006  
Blogger jakldawg said...

Great call here. I was feeling all nostalgic about the '96 game for some reaon, too.

5:24 PM, November 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:11 AM, January 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:02 PM, January 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gutten TAG!
I bookmark your site, best greetings.
I like it a lot! Good work, keep it up. Here a lot of helpful information.

Sponsored links:

http://paxil.butkel1.org/ paxil


Buy!

9:13 AM, January 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
Many interesting information.
Very much interesting site. Tomorrow I shall return again.

Another links here:

http://xenical.butkel1.org/ xenical

Buy!

4:54 PM, February 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all!
I bookmark your site, best greetings.
I enjoyed visiting your site. Tomorrow I shall return again.

Also visit my sites:

http://paxil.butkel1.org/ paxil


Aufiderzein!

8:00 AM, February 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home