Thursday, April 13, 2006

Baseball is not my friend.

State baseball is in the tank. The Dogs are 7-7, since the 18-0 start, with a road trip to Auburn this weekend. We went from Omaha dreams to sweating out an invite to Hoover in one week.

The Kansas City Royals...well, the AB years (that would be After Brett) have been a total disaster. The offense looks okay this year, but the pitching is beyond hope. And to make matters worse, the Royals haven't won in the Bronx since 2002. F'ng Yankees.

The Braves look like crap this year too. Chipper is already on the DL (and on my fantasy team which makes his injury even worse) and Francoeur (also on my FT) can't hit the broadside of a barn (don't worry folks, his ass is on the bench and may be getting the ax soon).

As you can see from above, my fantasy baseball team...well, it sucks. At least I have Papelbon, my one sentimental pick up has been gold.

On the bright side, my check for winning a NCAA Tournament Pool is coming in the mail this week. And I did win some money playing poker last night. So, I've got that going for me, which is nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home