Monday, March 27, 2006

Series Win


It wasn't easy, it rarely is, but the Dogs escaped from Baton Rouge with a series win.

Game one was a blowout, 11-1. And included back to back to back homeruns from State.

"I thought we hit a lot of balls on the nose," said MSU skipper Ron Polk, whose team is back on the field at 1 p.m. today for Game 2. "It's a hitter's ballpark. I just wish we could bank some of those runs, because we know LSU will be back. Their backs are now against the wall."


Game two was lost in the late innings.

"We knew we weren't going to go 56-0," MSU reliever Mike Valentine said.


Game three was won in the 10th.

"It's not an easy ballpark to play in," Polk said. "I told Skip (Bertman, the Tigers' former coach who now serves as LSU's athletics director) that I had a little tear in my eye, because it's the last game I'll coach at Alex Box. This is like my second home, my gosh."

I'll take it.

19-1. 4-1 in the SEC.

New rankings will be released shortly.


(The photo above is of the LSU dugout watching as State took the lead in the 10th inning on a sacrifice fly. The photo is courtesy of Advocate staff photographer Patrick Dennis.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home